1. 2020. "Exit Strategy: Career Concerns and Revolving Doors in Congress (with Hye Young You)." American Political Science Review. 114(1): 270-284. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003055419000510
1. "Polling Place Changes and Political Participation: The Effect of Election Administration in North Carolina Presidential Elections, 2008-2016 (with Joshua D. Clinton, Nicholas Eubank, and Adriane Fresh). Revise & Resubmit at Political Science Research & Methods.
2. "The Politics of Locating Polling Places: Race and Partisanship in North Carolina Election Administration, 2008-2016" (with Joshua D. Clinton, Nicholas Eubank, and Adriane Fresh). Revise & Resubmit at Election Law Journal.
3. “Look Up at That Mansion on the Hill: Does Mass Media Activate the Politics of Resentment?" (with Marc J. Trussler).
4. "The Politics of Pain: Medicaid Expansion and the Opioid Epidemic. Under Review.
Work in Progress
1. Big Government or Bad Government? The Politics of America’s Rural Revolt (dissertation book project).
2. “The Representation of Urban and Rural Interests in Congress" (with Joshua D. Clinton).
3. “Bad Government, Not Big Government: Explaining the “Politics of Resentment” Across the US."
4. “Historical Legacies of Large Scale Government Experience: The Political Legacies of the TVA"
5. “Perceptions of Inequality Across the Urban/Rural Divide" (with Eunji Kim).